Friday, April 9, 2010

An Big Day in Frederick!

Tomorrow is a big day in Frederick, Oklahoma! There will be a recreation of Bud and Temple Abernathy leaving for their historic trip to New York City to meet their friend President Theodore Roosevelt! April marks the 100th anniversary of this amazing accomplishment. Please keep in mind that Bud and Temple were 10 and 6 years old in 1910! There are many events planned for Saturday, April 10, 2010. “Theodore Roosevelt” will attend the day’s events and will be there for the “wolf hunt” reenactment that evening!

I went horseback riding last night! What a relaxing event. Thanks Marla and Steve for being such great friends and putting up with such an inexperienced rider! We rode close to the Cimarron River, and the Hewitt’s dogs came along for the outing. The scared up two deer! What a beautiful sight as they scampered across the field with their white tails bobbing! And yes, for those of you who are wondering, I can walk today! It has been a while since the last horseback ride, but I had a great horse to ride. “Chunk” is a beautiful paint, and she is easy to ride. But I am a little like Temple on his first ride. I need a ladder to saddle up! Maybe I will get better as we practice!

Check back soon! I will have lots of news from Frederick!

No comments: