Monday, September 14, 2009

Quick Update!

I know it has been a while since we checked in with everyone.....It has been a busy time since our last post! I was fortunate to meet Raymond Plank in May at the OU Education Banquet! What a great man….He humored me and signed our book, Bud and Me!
Then, another blessing arrived in May! Donna and I were named the Oklahoma Raymond Plank Award winners. Thanks again to all of the people at the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence and the Tulsa Community Foundation who have provided wonderful opportunities for us and the students we teach.
In June we headed for Frederick and the Crossroads Ranch Reunion. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Later in the month, more people were interested in hearing our story. We were privileged to speak to audiences at the Tulsa Historical Society and the OSU Emeriti. It is so fun to tell people about Bud and Temple.
At the beginning of September, we set up a table to showcase our Fellowship at the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence annual meeting! I think I am just as excited today as I was when we were traveling. Stay tuned for more adventures….

No comments: