Thursday, April 24, 2008

Plans, Plans, Plans

So many exciting things are happening as we get ready for our trip! We have contacted lots of people who seem excited to meet with us along the way. Hopefully Bill Richardson, the Gov. of NM, will be in his office the day we arrive in Santa Fe. His office likes our story and says he would be able to meet with us if he is available! Also, Bruce Salzburg, the Attorney General of Wyoming, is intriqued with the boys' story as well! We look forward to meeting with him. We are busy, busy, busy contacting people about our trip and getting ideas of where to stay and what to do when we are in different cities. Monday, April 28, we will go to the awards ceremony to pick up our check from Fund for Teachers!!!
Thanks to Lee Denney, she is trying to set up a meeting between us and Gov. Henry! Thanks Molly Levite Griffis for all your encouragement! Kids and teachers check out Molly's website www.mollygriffis.com . She has great stuff about the Abernathys and all of her own books...It is worth the time to explore around!
Sharon is my new friend in Frederick! Thanks for all the information and help that you have given us! We look forward to June 7..... I will post the Frederick website later!!
Better run for now....making more plans.........
Melody

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled with your upcoming adventure! I know that you will both learn SO much to teach your students next year! Looking forward to seeing where the road takes you...and what obstacles that you may encounter, just as the boys did. Tracy

Anonymous said...

that would be cool to see the gov. and lee denny

Anonymous said...

bring me back a souviner

cindy 6P


p.s bring me a picture of mrs.aufill on that horse!!!!!!
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Aufill i loved the pod cast it was cool to listen to!!!!!

I hope you have alot of fun are your trip!

Make sure you bring a picture of you on the horse LOL :)

kelsi 5-a

Anonymous said...

thats sounds awsome mrs. aufil and miss mcchesney i wish i could go but i would get home sick
olivia

Anonymous said...

HELLO
I Would Want To Go Get Some Cool Stuff.............................
I Would Like To Go To The Tallest Building In New York



BY:CHRISTOPHER G

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I can't wait to see Mrs. Aufill On that horse!!! lol!!!!!!!!
I hope you guys have A GREAT time on that trip!!! I will show my teachers in SC!!! I bet they will think it is AWESOME because I do!!! GTG!!! TTYL!!!

LOVE,
Jamie* 6P

Anonymous said...

i am so exsided to see wat is going to happen to u wen u go on the horse. i think it will be fun for u sins u havent riden a horse in 30 years. i hope u have fun.
love
mattie

Anonymous said...

I like molys blog,the author and i said hi.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone, good luck on your trip. i miss you already. i'll try to check on you guys alot.
Brittany M.